10 February 2010

LeSourdesville Lake

A few months ago I went to Middletown, OH to visit an abandoned amusement park. While we were unable to explore the old tracks or rusted water rides, we wandered around the surrounding buildings that were also abandoned. I found that, like many other photographers, I have a strong attraction to buildings of age. I enjoy the leftovers that others find to be of little use. I prefer to pay attention to the building blocks of a scene, be it a corner of an abandoned space, or the surface quality of a building. Even though these subjects may be seen as an uninteresting part of the scene as a whole, once caught in a photograph they are able to be studied and appreciated for the qualities that they maintain. It is in my photographs that one is able to identify with the charm of a space thought charm-less.













No comments:

Post a Comment