22 January 2010

The Merc

In August I began working on my senior thesis project. I have chosen to photograph the paths I explore and I aim to visually map my identity and experiences through their associating sequences. I study a space so that I can resist others images of my past and instead redefine my surroundings; as a photographer I have control over what I respond to and thus cultivate.

While the bigger picture may be cluttered, uneven, and run-down, my collective images express the order that I find necessary in my story. I remain closely intact with visual organization, which includes an extensive use of line and direction. In my sequences I search for a flow that will keep my images united and unbroken. I present these images in sequences that are reminiscent of the means in which I have taken to arrive at my destination.

This is my first sequence - the images were taken at an abandoned building in downtown Dayton. I actually had to crawl through a broken window to get in - I felt like such a rebel!











No comments:

Post a Comment